Deadline week – Koeman’s shortlist of strikers

As the summer transfer windown draws to it’s climax, Everton are still without a very much needed striker. We take a look at those who are firmly on Koeman’s list to sign.

Ronald Koeman made it clear in his post match press conference on Saturday, that he will request that the board sign at least 2 more players before the window closes on Thursday. Included in his targets is a striker, of which Everton are currently crying out for, and finally a winger to potentially replace Kevin Mirallas.

Diego Costa

We published an article roughly 3 weeks back hinting that a loan deal for the Spanish international wasn’t as mad as it may have seemed. With Atletico Madrid unable to sign any players until their transfer ban is lifted in January, Diego Costa will be keen to play some football before making his move back to his former club.

Everton will be expected to pay 30% of Costa’s wages if a deal between Chelsea and Atleti is agree in principle for his permanent move in January. Atletico will pay the remaining 70% if a deal can be agree with the London club.


The striker is thought to be happy with a temporary move to Everton and will want to sign out of the Premier league with goals to his name.

Jamie Vardy

It’s pretty obvious that if this came off for Everton, it would go straight up there as one of the signings of the window. Vardy is said to be happy at Leicester, but, a big money move is always on any players radar.

The England international has already scored this season and his aggressive running and pressing style is ideal for Ronald Koeman’s tactics. Now a proven goalscorer, Vardy would be a big key to Everton’s future campaigns and push for further European football.

Due to Costa only being a short term solution to Everton’s lack of strikers, Jamie Vardy would be their long term option. If a deal can’t be struck in the last few days of this window, one could well be agreed in January.


Pricetags are no longer an issue for the Blues, but, Leicester will be expected to ask for in and around £40mil for the striker, rising as the window draws to the end.

Raul Jimenez

A name that has been banded around as a possible signing for a couple of weeks, Jimenez hold some big potential. The Mexican international has previous kept West Ham’s Chicharito out of the national side due to better performances at club level. Jimenez is a quick yet strong forward that comes with a real ability to finish inside the area.

In market value terms, Jimenez is likely to be the least costly, with Benefica reportedly happy to accept offers in and around £15mil-£20mil. The former Atletico Madrid striker scored goals freely last season, but is yet to score as of yet this season. 


Ronald Koeman is looking for a striker with flexibility. A forward that can be a target man come added pace and finesse in the final 3rd. Jimenez certainly ticks the flexibility box, scoring goals from aerial opportunities as well as goals with his feet from in and outside the box last season.

Kenneth Zohore  

A 6ft 3inch tall centre forward, you’d be right to guess our tactics when he’s on the pitch. But, imagine him on the pitch at the same time as Rooney and Sandro Ramirez and you start to see a different shape. Yet to make an appearance for Denmark’s national first team, Zohore will be hoping a Premier League move earn’s a promotion from the u21 national side, where he has been playing since 2013 even though he is now 23.

The striker is well built and is not your typical tall and wirey centre forward, he comes with brilliant strength as well as his obvious aerial threat. Now a key part of Cardiff’s team, Kenneth Zohore may still be the easiest of the targets to prise away from their respective, current clubs. 


Reportedly worth £3mil, Zohore could end up being our cheapest signing of the summer window. Cardiff are yet to officially provide their valuation of the player.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: